Friday, October 25, 2013

Sandra Esser, running for Kirtland School Board

Esser cites improvement on the state report card, professional development and new program opportunities as priorities if elected.
Specifically, she wants to create a dual-enrollment program for high school students for the 2014-15 school year. Dual enrollment programs typically offer students the opportunity to earn college credit while in high school.
She also listed her intent to ensure staff has access to “the right tools and instruction to implement any new curriculum.”
“Voters should elect me because I am committed to the educational excellence of all students. I can contribute effectively to the board, school and community based on my experience as Superintendent Secretary for 16 years,” she wrote in her questionnaire. “I retired in May 2012 and I have the time to devote to the position. I have the knowledge of district policies, procedures and the history of our schools.”

Caitlin Fertal, The News-Herald article, Oct. 25


No comments:

Post a Comment