Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Jim Leonard for North Ridgeville City Council

Jim Leonard
Leonard, 53 and a Democrat, has no prior elected office experience. Leonard is a library associate and has been employed by the Lorain Public Library System for 26 years, 10 years at the North Ridgeville branch. He is an executive board member of the Service Employees International Union District 1199 and the North Ridgeville Democrat’s Treasurer. Leonard has an associate of arts degree from Lorain County Community College and a bachelor of arts degree from Cleveland State University.
If elected, Leonard said addressing flooding in the city would be his first priority. The city needs to address the number of houses being built, which creates more storm water runoff, he said.
“These new homes will continue to add to the recurring flooding of existing homes and sewage backups which threaten our families’ health and well-being,” Leonard said.
The current administration has not addressed the flooding issue, he said.
“It is important to listen to the residents and their concerns about the city and address those issues and concerns,” Leonard said.

-- Jon Wysochanski, Morning Journal article from Oct. 11, 2013

1 comment:

  1. I had an alternator installed at Ed's Midview Service on SR 82 in Grafton. The work was started a day or two late. In the meantime, my recently painted car sat in Ed's poorly lit parking lot. When my alternator was finally installed, Ed called me and invited me to pick the car up after hours. When I arrived, I immediately noticed that my car was backed into the same space where I parked it two or three days earlier. A dark colored truck or SUV was parked in the space to the driver's side with very little room in between.

    Because of the position of the car, poor lighting, and the close proximity of the truck or SUV, I didn't get a good look at the driver's side of my car until after I pulled into my destination just up the road. When I got out, I immediately noticed a large dent in the rear door on the driver's side. I left several messages for Ed that evening and spoke with him the following morning. When I mentioned the damage, he said that it was already there when I dropped it off and that he had two witnesses to prove it. THAT WAS A LIE. When I dropped my car off several days earlier, there was no one there but Ed. So his claim to have witnesses could not have been true. Still, he refused to accept any responsibility for the damage.

    About 48 hours after picking my car up, it broke down leaving me stranded about 25 miles from home. The cost to have it towed was $130. The repair charge was another $60. The problem was with the main wire for the alternator that Ed had installed. It had fallen off or broken off. It had never fallen off before Ed laid his hands on it and it hasn't fallen off since.

    All together, I am out an additional $350 for the damage to the rear door, $130 for the tow, and $60 for the second repair to the alternator.

    I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The details will be posted on their website in a few weeks unless Ed grows a moral spine, honors a reasonable portion of his own warranty and pays for the body damage to my car, which by the way was in near mint condition until it was severely dented at Ed's Midview Service. In the meantime, I am going to post this warning all over the web.

    I have also challenged Ed in writing to a polygraph (lie detector) test. Loser pays the bill. He initially pretended to accept my challenge but then backed out immediately when I called him to make the necessary arrangements. He will never accept my polygraph challenge because he knows that I will pass and he will fail.

    Beware of work delays, poorly lit parking lots, and mechanics who refuse to accept any responsibility when they screw up. Beware of Ed's Midview Service.

    ReplyDelete