Thursday, October 10, 2013

Connie Newyear, running for Willoughby-Eastlake School Board

Newyear has spent four years on the W-E board and has been a Willoughby resident for 39 years.
If elected, Newyear cites fiscal responsibility without a loss in student achievement as her main priority.
The development of programs to prepare students for careers after high school is listed as her second priority, with implementing a plan around bullying and suicide as third.
“I have spent 25 years involved with the W-E School district both as an educator and as a parent,” Newyear wrote in a News-Herald questionnaire. “I am passionate about maintaining my involvement through service which I hope will contribute to the district’s continued success. In my unique role as a school psychologist, it was important that I always advocated for the needs of the child while also balancing the desires of parents, teachers and administrators.”

Caitlin Fertal, The News-Herald article, Oct. 10


No comments:

Post a Comment