Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mary Matala for Eastlake Council At Large

Mary Matala for Eastlake Council At Large

A former chairperson of the Lake County Chambers of Commerce Marketing Committee, Matala said if elected she has three priorities: boosting economic development, addressing the aging population and increasing the utilization of Classic Park.
“My first priority would be economic development with an emphasis on bringing more business to the city to increase our tax intake,” she wrote in her questionnaire. “I feel this should be started via a new committee to explore a needs assessment to help us determine what kinds of businesses are most needed.”
To assist aging Eastlake residents, she’d like to see indigent, elderly homeowners be able to receive assistance for items like home maintenance and yard upkeep from a group of community volunteers.
“I’m a hard worker, a great listener and communicator. I say what I mean and mean what I say-therefore I can be depended upon to uphold the public’s trust,” she said. “I want this office so that I can do good in my community, to make a difference and to improve the quality of life for the residents of Eastlake.”
-- Elizabeth Lundblad, News-Herald Story from Oct. 9, 2013

Candidate did not wish to film a campaign video.

Candidate Campaign Questionnaire:

No comments:

Post a Comment